Boot Camp, Entrepreneurship and the Book of Revelation

mike

Michael McCausland

I’ve been to a week of boot camp in Colorado Springs. Now before you have me crawling through mud, scaling fences and running miles with a 50-pound pack on my back, it wasn’t military boot camp I attended, it was an Entrepreneurship Boot Camp led by Michael McCausland, one of four people authorized to use the MIT Disciplined Entrepreneurship model upon which this training is based. I chose to take this experience because it was going to be a crash course in an area where I have consistently been weak and disobedient when it comes to my own personal addictions. I figured this course would jump start my own development in the right direction. It did. It also did more than that.

As a former NRC licensed nuclear power plant Reactor Operator, Michael has gone on to found two non-profit global networks, one focused one business development and the other on disaster preparedness and response. He has been all over the world many times. He has one of the most brilliant minds of anyone I know, but he is also gifted spiritually in prophetic insight. Michael has a finger on the pulse of the whole world and according to him, that pulse is weak, while at the same time technology is taking us to unprecedented levels of human ability. Michael believes we are now where mankind was at when God used multiple languages to disperse the people He had created at the Tower of Babel, because, as He said, “nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them” (Genesis 11:6). In the wrong hands, such knowledge is potentially dangerous, and this is why Michael believes the Lord’s return is imminent. In a casual discussion outside of class around a fire pit, Michael blew our minds with the things we now can control, with new levels of possibility being reached every day.

I believe in the synergy of the Holy Spirit who has gotten my friend Arnold interested in the Book of Revelation days before my trip to Colorado Springs. Arnold is an 82-year-old invalid, who after 44 years of being an atheist, now can’t get enough of the truth. I’ve been wondering about his sudden interest in Revelation. Now I know. After hearing about my trip last week, his interest has ramped up to a new level. I swear, he had me going from two in the afternoon yesterday to ten o’clock at night reading and discussing Revelation. I kept asking him if he was with me, because many times you can’t tell if he’s asleep or awake. Once he responded to that question by saying, “Rapt!” This is after spending months on his back not plugged into anyone or anything except his food bag and a catheter. When I left last night, he reminded me that there was one more trumpet to go, so don’t be gone long!

Make no mistake; God is up to something. Time is coming to a close. The great commission, to make disciples of all tribes and people groups is realistically reachable in the next ten to fifteen years. The Lord is coming back. Arnold, as a brand new believer knows it. Michael knows it. My 18-year-old son, Chandler, has known it for some time. We need to live with a sense, not of fear, but of urgency. If you know anything about the end times in scripture, you know that things are going to get way worse before they get any better. Time to let your friends know. Anyone can read the signs. This is the day of salvation! This is the time for the Gospel of Welcome!

Maranatha!

SHARE THE GOODNESS

If you love these daily messages, we invite you to share them with your social media friends and others. If you do, both you and anyone who signs up for the list will receive a free gift – a digital collection of five John Fischer songs. Also, the Catch subscriber who refers the most people to The Daily Catch will win a Kindle Fire HD. All you have to do is post a notice to your social media or email groups and download the music. We sent out an email with the full details. If you did not receive it, email us at webservant2003@gmail.com.

This entry was posted in 12 Steps and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Boot Camp, Entrepreneurship and the Book of Revelation

Sounds like a good boot camp in Colorado Springs…

2. Markus says:

I find the thought that the world will continue like it does right now much scarier than what Revelations describes.

• Markus says:

Another thought struck me. Isn’t it very likely that most people won’t see what is happening around them? A lot of the signs will likely be explained with mundane things and events. And with others like the locusts I must say that I cannot shake the feeling that it will become more and more difficult for people to see what is really going on. I mean, it is not as if this didn’t happen before.

Will some people still come to God during this time? I hope so, but I expect their numbers to be few. (Not that I would mind to be wrong there though!)

“The wisdom of God is foolishness to those who are perishing.” But praise God, He “is not willing that any should perish,” so the Age of Grace continues. We can’t get trapped in the ‘numbers’ game – that’s what drove me when I first knew Jesus. How many people did you witness to today? How many saved. Well…I DON’T SAVE ANYBODY – JESUS DOES! But back then, I felt like a failure – less than a ‘good’ Christian if I answered none. Now, I just try to be responsible for what is here and now, in front of me. And I keep an eye to the future and notice the disintegration of society in every aspect, mainly the loss of human contact as everyone is addicted to their social media – from the President on down.

3. Jesus Aguilar says:

Good morning — Much to come — much to live —- much to praise — much to serve. First things first. — Not to worry about tomorrow, tomorrow will take care of itself. Live in the NOW. The Kingdom of God is at hand.
    Jesus Aguilar

4. David Morgereth says:

Good afternoon… While I love the idea of Jesus returning (and soon), its wise to remember that none of us “knows the time or season”, not John, not Arnold, not Michael MaCausland, not Chandler, not you, and not me (definitely not me 🙂 ). Live like He’s returning today, but be prepared for tomorrow in case he “tarries”.

5. Gary says:

Wow, I live out east of Colorado Springs. Sure would have liked to attend such a Boot Camp. Surely it was not well advertised. Oh well, I hope you’ll give us a good Debriefing.

6. Lisa in Sunland says:

I am pretty sure I haven’t missed reading a Catch, but sure missed the one where Arnold came to believe. Would love to read that story! Blessings on ya

I remember the 70’s when I had ‘new-believer’ fever. I remember the 90’s when I was going to save a public school system from Satan. I remember waiting 10 years between the anointing of a music ministry and the first time I faced an audience. Somewhere in that time I went from ‘shoving the dove’ so I could brag about saving someone – to the realization that only if I made Jesus Lord of my life He could work through me to save someone.Before that, people were only a pair of ears to hear the salvation need, and a pair of lips to recite the sinner’s prayer. Then I’d move on to my next ‘victim.’ I’ve given up looking for the ‘big witness’ and have become content with being conscientious about all the small things which seem trivial.The people became important to me…as people. After all, how could He trust me with something momentous if I fall short on the training field? Arnold came to Jesus because he was loved by God through John – and his wife and countless others who didn’t give up on him. God has his own timeline – seldom does ours agree with His, and “He is not willing that any should perish.” Jesus encouraged us to work in the fields to reap a harvest of souls, but the laborers were few. There’s a lot of grunt work that has to be done before harvest time….preparing and tilling the soil, removing rocks, planting seeds, fertilizing, weeding, watering. The grunt work is not glamorous, so we brush it off and wait to run in at the end to reap the reward. I say the real witness is in the grunt work, so let’s get busy so we’re not found lazy and lacking when the Lord does return.
    “Even so, come Lord Jesus.”

• Jesus Aguilar says:

Good afternoon Sandie. I am a grunt and the work that is called for me, is done obediently and joyfully, put all my heart and soul into it because if for my LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST.
      Do not look for any accolades as I go along the path, where the work is plenty and few are the laborers.
      Jesus Aguilar

• Markus says:

People only really listen when they feel that you are sincere in your professed love for them. And it tends to take time for this necessary trust to be established. Yes sure, God can speed this up, but more often than not we need to be patient there. In fact quite often we might not even get to see the result.

This doesn’t mean that it is not there, just that it is very likely for us to never realise that God worked through us to save a particular person. If we get to see the result and if we feel the joy that comes with knowing that our willingness to be used by God lead to a tangible result then that is perfectly okay, but it shouldn’t be our motivation.

I was taught to be ‘result-oriented,’ and wasn’t satisfied until I literally browbeat someone to accept Jesus. I’ve often said those poor unfortunate people prayed the sinner’s prayer just to get me to shut up and go away! It took a while for Jesus to shake some sense into me, but thank God I finally paid attention. Now I am content to take care of the ‘grunt work,’ knowing I may never see the end result – and that’s ok with me.

• Thank you Sandie!
      Your comments dovetail well with this mornings devotional from “Our Daily Bread” written by Xochitl Dixon:

Jesus illustrated a mystery of spiritual growth in the parable of the growing seed. He compares the kingdom of God to a farmer scattering seed on the ground (Mark 4:26). The one who scattered the seed may have done what he could to care for the soil. But Jesus said the seed sprouted whether or not that man slept in, woke up, or even understood the growth process (vv. 27–28). The land owner benefited from the harvest (v. 29), though its development didn’t depend on what he did or his understanding of the workings beneath the surface of the soil.

God deserves the glory for the growth of His people and His kingdom. 

The maturing of the seeds in Jesus’s parable… occurred in God’s time and because of God’s growing power. Whether we’re considering personal spiritual growth or God’s plan to expand the church until Jesus returns, the Lord’s mysterious ways aren’t dependent on our abilities or understanding of His works. Still, God invites us to know, serve, and praise the Grower, reaping the benefits of the spiritual maturity He cultivates in and through us.

God deserves the glory for the growth of His people and His kingdom.

Lord, thank You for growing us spiritually and using us to serve Your people, as You grow Your kingdom.

INSIGHT –

Commenting on the parable found in today’s text, Simon Kistemaker says: “From the moment he has sown the seed the farmer must leave the sprouting, the growing, the pollinating, and the maturing to God. . . . The farmer cannot explain this growth and development. He is only a worker who at the proper time sows and reaps. God holds the secret of life. God is in control” (The Parables: Understanding the Stories Jesus Told).

It isn’t that the farmer isn’t busy and simply relaxes during the growing of the wheat. He is busy weeding, mulching, and watering. But the growth is up to the Lord. We can work to encourage growth, do things that create an environment for growth and for plants to flourish, but ultimately the growth is something we see, not something we produce. The same is true in our spiritual life.

Take a moment to thank God for the growth you’ve seen in your life. How can you prepare the soil of your heart for continued growth in Christlikeness?

8. Jesus Aguilar says:

Through the Word of God and the fellowship of brothers and sisters where we care for one another to grow in the Spirit of Likeness and remain vigilant and involved in the effort business, leaving the results up to God.
    Jesus Aguilar.