The reason

Brazil Plane

Step 3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.

There is a key word in this step that I left until last, not because I knew what I was doing, but because I just noticed it. It’s extremely important because it indicates the type of relationship the Lord desires to have with us. It’s the word “care.” We turned our will and our lives over not just to God, but to the “care of God.” This is more than just a principle of turning our lives over to God; it’s a relationship in which God is tending to us. He’s watching out after us. He’s meeting our needs. He is intimately involved in our lives. He’s not just a power source; He is our heavenly Father, looking after us with the love and compassion of a father.

“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” (1 Peter 5:7)

It’s why we can give over ourselves to God, because we know He cares about us. He has a plan for us. He’s known about us since the beginning of the foundation of the world. He’s made arrangements. He let us go, so He could buy us back. He gave us a free will so He could interact with us. It’s why we were created in the first place: to have fellowship with God. He made us like Him so we could communicate and understand each other. God is like us; we are like Him. We were made for this.

Once you understand this, you see the value of time spent with God. Praying, reading His word, meditating on Him, listening for the still, small voice — these are not means to spiritual ends, they are the thing itself. They make up a personal relationship with Him that is the whole point.

He cares for you. Believe it. He cares for you because He wants to. He wants to take over your worries and anxieties because they draw you to Him. He wants to hear from you. He created a need in us because He wants to fill it. Run to Him. Stay with Him. Stop running and be with Him. Whatever it takes, this is the reason.

This entry was posted in 12 Steps and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to The reason

Absolutely LOVED reading Today’s Catch… ❤ Thx Pastor John…

“HE CARES FOR ME”
    What does that mean to me? It means that no matter how far I fall, no matter how fast I run away, no matter what hole I choose to hide in….He will find me and restore me; in fact, He is already ahead of me, waiting. Believe me, I have tried to avoid truths about myself. NOTHING CAN SEPARATE US FROM THE LOVE OF GOD! Not even my own stubbornness and stupidity. Thank God.

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO BE STILL?
    Being still means I have to listen – once I listen, I am responsible for what I’ve heard. Being still means I focus on my eyes on what He wants me to see – once I’ve seen, I am responsible. Being still means I feel what He wants me to feel – once I feel, I am responsible.
    And so I try to run and hide.

• Mark D Seguin says:

LOL love this and gave me a good chuckle too. Becauz of the truth of it: “Being still means I have to listen…” ❤

4. Dorothy Zboyan says:

God cares for me….is my answer to those who tell me, …….Take Care!

5. Jesus Aguilar says:

One never knows when we are going to hear or read something new, something that God wants us to know. Today a seed of “CARE” was dropped in my heart! Oh! I am so grateful that I open my heart to this study. For the first time in 27 years, I have come to realize what I have been missing all this time. – “CARE” – Yes we have a sign that it says — “WE CARE” — meaning the people that gathers for a meeting. We care about your well being, we care that you start living a sober life, walking with your sponsor and with God. We care for you not to come home drunk and make your family suffer. We care for you to become a respectable member of society and on and on.

But what about God caring for me? This concept brings tears to my eyes. When nobody cared about me. God cared about me and brought me to the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Restored me to sanity and open his arms and welcomed me, when nobody else would do such a thing.

Thank you John, I will use this to entice my newcomers to take blindly step 3. So much power in this word!
    Thank you God.

6. Mike Takac says:

Great message today! The “CARE” of God. For so long in my life I viewed my relationship with God passively. But to “care” for someone is to be actively involved and provide support as necessary. This is how I see my relationship with God now, and I care for Him in return, and celebrate the opportunity to do His will for me. Which is really how I show my care for Him. Beautiful. Praise be to God.

• Jesus Aguilar says:

Awesome, isn’t it? Today is one of those aha! moments where I completely melted in one with God. I will praise my Lord, my God with all my heart. I will glorify his name for ever.
      Thank you Mike my work here is done. I needed only one more to come to Jesus thru the 12th steps and you are the one. We hardly know one another but today I know you more.May God richly bless you brother

7. Christy caruso says:

My friend Suzanne Cordell from Spokane Just sat here and shared your amazing story I would love to meet youI am going to read everything that she shared here big levers in Christ Jesus